Re: Power supply noise?

From: Justin Dieters <enderak@mtaonline.net>
Date: Mon Jul 04 2005 - 13:03:43 AKDT

Just be careful while doing it. The only thing you should have to touch
with the screwdriver are the 4 screws for the power supply case, and the
4 screws for the fan, all of which are accessed from the outside. I've
replaced fans in several power supplies (and harvested several fans from
dead ones) without incident (knock on wood).

If you're lucky, the fan plugs in - if you aren't, it's soldered
directly to the board. If it's soldered directly, I usually snip the
wires up from the board a few inches and solder the wires together
there, along with some heat-shrink to cover them. (I don't trust
electrical tape to not unwrap inside a power supply)

Regards,
Justin