Re: USPS Site & Linux

From: Fielder George Dowding <fgdowding@iceworm-enterprises.net>
Date: Thu Jun 09 2005 - 11:02:01 AKDT

Ha! Thanks Roger. It is possible I used Konqueror to print the USPS
shipping label (I remember selecting the pay later option somewhere). I
wonder if the SuSE distribution adds anything to the base Konqueror
installation? I find I have to use Firefox to access gmail for example.

fgd.

rspickles@kcialaska.org wrote:
> My brother does a Great deal of ebay selling using only SuSE as his
> internet computer. He has no problems using any function in the USPS
> site in Konqueror. He is about as computer savy as a box of rocks. (His
> idea of getting down with the OS is to change the background on his desk
> top). He set up his ebay account - Paypal tie in - and USPS tie in
> himself and I can assure you that not once did he have to dig into
> anything in the Linux setup I had left him with. Belave me I would have
> heard if he could not get the access that he expected - and he is a
> great beleaver in doing it the easy way.
> Two points here - 1. The USPS site must work quite well with Konqueror
> at the very least I expect that FireFox will work as well. 2. Linux is
> or at least SuSE is well within the range of the average user today.

> -- Type: text/x-vcard
> -- File: rspickles.vcf

Fielder George Dowding, Chief Iceworm        .^.   Debian/GNU Linux
dba Iceworm Enterprises, Anchorage, Alaska   /v\   "Sarge" Testing
Since 1976 - Over 25 Years of Service.      /( )\  User Number 269482
                                             ^^-^^  "Seth" 186667