Re: USPS Site & Linux

From: Jim Gribbin <Jim@JimGribbin.com>
Date: Fri Jun 10 2005 - 00:36:00 AKDT

rspickles@kcialaska.org wrote:
> My brother does a Great deal of ebay selling using only SuSE as his
> internet computer. He has no problems using any function in the USPS
> site in Konqueror. He is about as computer savy as a box of rocks. (His
> idea of getting down with the OS is to change the background on his desk
> top). He set up his ebay account - Paypal tie in - and USPS tie in
> himself and I can assure you that not once did he have to dig into
> anything in the Linux setup I had left him with. Belave me I would have
> heard if he could not get the access that he expected - and he is a
> great beleaver in doing it the easy way.
> Two points here - 1. The USPS site must work quite well with Konqueror
> at the very least I expect that FireFox will work as well. 2. Linux is
> or at least SuSE is well within the range of the average user today.

> -- Type: text/x-vcard
> -- File: rspickles.vcf

I've used the USPS label printing with linux & mozilla based browsers
without too much trouble. When I firsted used it a year or so ago, I did
have a bit of an issue with the bar code printing outside its box a
little (only under linux) but I haven't even noticed that lately.
Somebody mentioned that it only seems to be set up for packages. They
could be right. Always when I've used it it was for packages, so didn't
even notice. I poked around it a little yesterday and couldn't find
anything for letters. Kind of a shame, I was thinking of using it for
that. Guess I'll have to go another route.

Jim

--
Jim Gribbin
Prudential Jack White/Vista RE