RE: The Linux Counter Project

From: Tom <thogland@alaskatech.org>
Date: Sat Jan 29 2005 - 08:05:15 AKST

> > On Fri, 28 Jan 2005, Leif Sawyer wrote:
> > Counter-id #62370 ( I was a little late to the counter party: Nov '97)
> > My oldest machine id is #23815
>
> Arthur:
> ;-) I barely beat you (54650).
>
> > Unfortunately, there's no ID for the date they were added..
>
> Yeah, we're recording timestamps for users, but not machines. I'm not sure
> there's much point given the rapid turnover for most hardware. The only
> bragging rights you can get for hardware is uptime, which we will track if
> you've got the auto-update scripts installed.

On that subject... :-)

My auto-update scripts fail to return data. I get the error that mail
can't be sent to 'smtp.localdomain' and I can't figure out where it's
finding that. How do I tell it where the SMTP server is? Both the
'stable" and 'beta' scripts do the same thing...

--
Tom <thogland@alaskatech.org>