Re: PA RISC and Mac stuff

From: Tom <thogland@alaskatech.org>
Date: Sat Jan 29 2005 - 08:02:31 AKST

> > > On Fri, 28 Jan 2005, Grant Stockly wrote:
> > > I have an HP PA RISC 175/200 (or 225?) anyway, it was given to me by
> > Arthur
> > > a while back. I haven't had the chance to play with it, and other than
> > > looking at it, have no use for it.
> >
> > Arthur:
> > That box makes a great space heater, too. ;-) I have HP-UX 10.20 & 11.x
> > that'll run on it if anyone wants to play with a native OS on it.
>
> Jon:
> If nobody else wants it, I would like to learn HP-UX. Would the knowledge that I
> gain from this still be applicable to the HP-UX thats still in use today or
> would I be learning an obsolete OS?
>
> Is my ignorance towards HP-UX showing? :)

BTW, I've got a C180 in the same position - I just don't have time to
play with it anymore. It's complete - CD, HD, RAM, etc. and uses PS2
keyboard and mouse (or HIL if you have them). Last time I used it I
updated the Debian on it (pre-3.0 I believe, so still the unstable
branch) and patched the -hppa cvs branch kernel, at which point it
became unhappy and started to kernel panic :-( It probably needs
someone that has time to play with it - probably a wipe and start over.

I *may* still have some CDs for it (Debian HPPA, HPUX 10) but last time
I pulled it out I didn't have any luck finding them...

--
Tom <thogland@alaskatech.org>