Re: Mac: Mighty mini

From: Joshua Kugler <joshua.kugler@uaf.edu>
Date: Wed Jan 12 2005 - 09:44:02 AKST

To add another "me too." Adding on a USB ethernet adapter, this would make a
great (albeit powerful) firewall box. Maybe offer it to someone as a compile
box. :) Small, quiet, and Linux fully supported. Hmm...are there USB Wifi
adapters that allow you to use them in an access point (which mode do they
have to support for that? Infrastructure? Managed?) And (even better) have
external antenna connections?

Looks promising:
http://www.zonetusa.com/DispProduct.asp?ProductID=139
http://www.hawkingtech.com/prodSpec.php?ProdID=208
(no mention of modes, though)

As to the RAM, take a look here:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/71708/wo/5dVIfq6i9Wnk20527kh9UNQtadD/3.0.11.1.0.6.29.1.0.21.3.1.1.0?52,22

(Sorry for the gross URL)

You can customize it. Up to 1GB RAM, and an 80GB hard drive. Man...I'd want
to put a 400GB Hitachi in there...but maybe heat issues (as well as voiding
my warranty).

All in all, looks like a fun little box.

--
Joshua Kugler
CDE System Administrator