Webserver/Firewall issue

From: Brian ThunderEagle <thundereagle@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat Dec 04 2004 - 21:29:19 AKST

Well hello everyone, I haven't participated on this list lately but I
have run into a problem that has me kind of stumped at the moment.

What I have is an Apache web server running on Redhat behind a
Smoothwall firewall. I've used this server in the past many times and
have hardly touched the configuration files in the past few years.
However once I got a new domain name I havn't been able to get it to
work properly. I can't seem to figure out if it's the web server or the
firewall. Here are the details:

I can access my web server perfectly fine within my network. I can also
access it perfectly fine although extremely slow when connected outside
the firewall. I can do nslookups on my domain name (which is
www.ragingstorm.net <http://www.ragingstorm.net/> ) and it returns the
correct IP address. Okay, everything seems pretty good. Now anyone else
who has tried to access my server can't access it. They receive the
correct IP address from the DNS records and they can ping me but
whenever they try to load the webpage they get that "DNS lookup" default
IE error page. I have had them try accessing the website using http,
https, and directly by IP address but it doesn't work for anyone except
me for some reason. I have ports 80 and 443 open open and forwarded on
my firewall.

If anyone has any ideas at all please help me out, I've been working on
this for a few days. I am including a stripped down copy of my
"httpd.conf" file in case there is something in there that I need to
change.

     Brian ThunderEagle
     thundereagle@hotmail.com

-- Type: application/octet-stream