Re: Webserver/Firewall issue

From: KURT BRENDGARD <brendgard@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun Dec 05 2004 - 00:35:56 AKST

if you can see it but others cant, id check to see if
you have the server somehow set up to only allow
certain users to view(.htacces i think).

check to see if you have "deny allow" order turned on
in the httpd.conf file as well.

also check to see if you have it set up to require a
logon somehow.

you might also check to see if there are any error
messages in the log file, and follow those. if you
have any, post them, might help us to help you. also
from the firewall as well.

you might try bringing somebodies laptop in and seeing
if that can see the server from the backside of the
firewall. (using a user name you know your server wont
recognise) if it can, it might sugest looking at the
firewall configuration for starters. if it doesn't try
a throwaway user name to see if it then can see the
server.

last thing i can sugest is to check the basic os
permisions on the folder you are using as the root
directory of your server, wrong settings there can
mean nobody but one person can read the files. but
that would probably result in a "forbidden" error page
rather than no response.

hope that helps and you get it working soon. when you
do figure it out, post it, im curious now too, but too
tired to think lol.