Re: True wireless phone line extenders?

From: David J. Weller-Fahy <dave-lists-aklug@weller-fahy.com>
Date: Fri Dec 03 2004 - 12:59:51 AKST

* Joshua Kugler <joshua.kugler@uaf.edu> [2004-12-03 22:20 +0100]:
> If you want to check around, that would be great...just remember, it
> would need to be a 120 volt version, and I'm not sure they've
> developed it yet. I was going to e-mail them and ask the status, but
> if you want to take a gander at local stores, go ahead.

Go ahead and email them, as I won't have time to check around until next
weekend, but I'll let you know around the 12th/13th what I've found, if
anything. And, yeah, I've become familiar with the 120/220/240 volt
versions after frying a network switch. Luckily only a switch, not the
computers hooked up to the switch. ;]

Oh, and another option (if you can't find anything in 120 and they're
not coming out with it soon) is to get the 230/240 version, and use one
of these:

<http://www.voltageconverters.com/voltage_converters.html>

The hundred watt looks like a good deal. We use some similar
transformers over here with some appliances that we didn't want to get
rid of, and they work well.

Anyway, there're some options.

Regards,

--