Re: toshiba satellite laptop A60 modem problem

From: Alaskan Magick <alaskanmagick@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat Nov 13 2004 - 22:45:16 AKST

Hey, I wondered when you would get around to asking
about that laptop you bought. If I am thinking your
the same person, how is Yoda doing ;)

Anyways, I thought I installed redhat 8.0 on your old
system, not 5.0 when you had it in the shop last time
(Yes sadly I quite working for CompUSA after 3 years,
I got offered a much better deal at another shop). As
for a driver, if your still having issues, bring it by
Pyramid Computers over on Tudor tuesday (Sun and Mon
are my days off) and I might be able to help you out
a bit. No promises, but I do know a thing or three
about getting winmodems working under linux.

Oh, and just to drum up some biz and shameless
advertizing... if anyone needs parts or work done on
their system and doesnt want to take the time to do it
themselves, bring it by Pyramid on Tudor... I can
always use the money... Hey, tech's have to eat too :)
Ask for Jessie.
</shameless_Advert>

GOOD LUCK!

>Subject: Re: toshiba satellite laptop A60 modem
>problem
>
>www.linmodem.com
>
>pay $15.00 for linux driver for winmodem.... this is
>the only solution
>I have found for winmodems
>
>Other option is by a hardware base SERIAL external
>(usr makes a nice
>one
>Compusa I think carries it)
>
>Shortpier
>Terry Thomascik wrote:

>I just bought a Toshiba laptop A60 with windows XP
and had SUSE 9.1
>installed on it. Unfortunately I can't dial out on it
because it has a
>Winmodem I guess. Being a newbie, I have looked for
drivers, but don't
>know if one exists. I need to keep the windows XP on
it for my
>girlfriend. Could someone give me a solution for this
problem? I could
>make a Friday night meeting. I'm running red hat 5.0
on my old
computer
>and trying to learn it also.
>I'm trying to get on line and learn Linux on line
from the
website.Would
>appreciate any help. I probably won't get back too
home until
Thursday.

<aklug-request@aklug.org>
>with 'unsubscribe' in the message body.

=====
http://www.geocities.com/alaskanmagick/index.html

"Strange times are these in which we live when old and young are taught in falsehoods school.
And the one man that dares to tell the truth is called at once a lunatic and fool" -- Plato.

To see a world in a grain of sand
And heaven in a wild flower
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And eternity in an hour.
(from 'Auguries of Innocence' - William Blake)

"First we thought the PC was a calculator. Then we found out how to turn numbers into letters with ASCII — and we thought it was a typewriter. Then we discovered graphics, and we thought it was a television. With the World Wide Web, we've realized it's a brochure. " Douglas Adams