RE: ATA over Ethernet

From: KURT BRENDGARD <brendgard@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Oct 26 2004 - 10:09:41 AKDT

nice.....wipes chin...... but i have to ask myself how
reliable it is long term. the problem with using ide
drives is that most manufacturers nowdays say that the
ide drive is not supposed to be left on for more than
10 hours a day last i heard. the heat buildup kills
their life span was what i remember, but with my
memory that could be wrong. thats one of the reasons
ide drives are not the cats meow when it comes to high
end servers, that and speed for multiple simultaneous
access. anybody heard differently? it would be
interesting to find out if things have changed. the
sata drives were supposed to overcome that among other
things, the makers dont list any such limitations on
time used per day. i wonder if an sata version is in
the works? interesting :>

           kurt