Re: firewall-on-a-CD

From: <captgoodnight@acsalaska.net>
Date: Fri Aug 13 2004 - 12:49:54 AKDT

On Thursday 12 August 2004 08:22 pm, Jeremy Austin wrote:
> From what I can Google I see three main contenders: Smoothwall, IpCop,
> and NetBoz. Any preferences? Good/bad experiences?

Smoothwall here. Perfect. Great for noobies. Great for geeks; looking under the hood
and changing/adding things was/is a great learning experience. Well supported, the forums
are active and the mods are plenty. The updates are always easy and on time with bugtraq.
Yeah, I like smoothwall. :)

> Or should I try to get an inexpensive firmware-based device? Any
> suggestions?

Yuk

bests,
eddie