firewall-on-a-CD

From: Jeremy Austin <jhaustin@wsfnet.org>
Date: Thu Aug 12 2004 - 20:22:11 AKDT

I'm thinking of setting up my brother's business with a VPN, since he
wants access from home. I could go with a full-blown distro, but thought
perhaps I should do a dry run. (He's getting wireless broadband at home,
and already has it at his office.)

 From what I can Google I see three main contenders: Smoothwall, IpCop,
and NetBoz. Any preferences? Good/bad experiences?

Or should I try to get an inexpensive firmware-based device? Any
suggestions?

Wireless broadband has finally come to Delta Junction et vicinity. Brian
Corty, CTO of 5G Wireless, (
http://www.5gwireless.com/products/access_point.htm ) has moved here,
spotting a good investment opportunity. No incumbent to unseat.

I have a tower. I'm going to be a rebroadcast location for him. Does
anybody else have commercial experience like this? What kind of a deal
should I be trying to strike?

Sorry this is so long and varied,
Jeremy Austin