Re: Switching to Open Office

From: <captgoodnight@acsalaska.net>
Date: Mon Apr 26 2004 - 19:27:30 AKDT

On Monday 26 April 2004 03:23 pm, Damien Hull wrote:

> It's been my experience that most end users don't understand how
> computers work or why they have to do things a certain way. All they
> care about is that it works. Keep things simple and they are happy. Tell
> them they have to do this that and the other to view a document that
> they may not be able to change is more then most users can handle.

A CREATIVE admin + a icon that actions a well written script = a single clicked, dumbed down solution; no need to even double click \\\\;P)
Creative management is in need; management in most things lacks creativity. (All raise your hands if ya find this to be true too)
Please know, I'm not insulting your business management skills; I'm insulting the people who have stopped asking questions, and of those that
reside in today's authoritative positions.

> For my business needs it's MS Office. Not because I want to but because
> I have no choice.

You have a choice! Every complaint that can come about has had some sort of a solution, I'm sure every one of those
solutions can be dumbed down with a well written script, put in motion by point and click behavior. Heck, I can get a 2 year old to download
the latest kernel, compile and install, then update the modules for this peripheral and that peripheral in just one single click. (Huh, hmmm, okay 5 year old,
bet I could ;)

Granted, the company start could be rough (initial problem solving, yum yum), but in later use would be cake (yum, yum).

Okay, thats all, thank you AKLUG.

bests,
eddie