Re: Smoothwall question

From: Justin Dieters <enderak@gci.net>
Date: Fri Mar 05 2004 - 18:43:49 PST

Absolutely no difference, for all intents and purposes.

I run IPCop on a Pentium 90, 32mb ram, and 350 MB hard drive, and it's
just fine, other than I occasionally run out of disk space (The disk is
slowly getting more and more errors too, so this will have to be
replaced soon anyway). This is more than enough to feed my 1Meg cable
modem to two desktops, a web/mail server, and a laptop at full speed.

At work, we have smoothwall on a 550Mhz machine, serving DSL to about 16
computers, and it doesn't even break a sweat.

IMHO, use the 2 gig for something more useful (or give it to me... hehe)

Justin