Re: reply to list not working

From: Mike Tibor <tibor@lib.uaa.alaska.edu>
Date: Fri Mar 05 2004 - 20:57:53 PST

On Fri, 5 Mar 2004, Greg Madden wrote:

> I am using evolution. The reply to list' funtion goes to AKLUG
> _<aklug.asimov> which appears to be an undeliveable address.

Hmm... I'm not familiar with Evolution's reply-to-list function. I'm kind
of surprised it's getting Asimov's hostname in there. I can only guess
that it's getting it from the Received: headers, which seems pretty flawed
to me.

Quite awhile back we had the list configured with a Reply-to: header
pointing to the list address, but several people complained about that.

The way I've always handled it is to "reply to all" and then remove all
addresses except the list address--the idea being that the people who
you're replying to are already on the AKLUG list, so there's no point in
sending them to two copies of the same email.

Mike