Re: Change in the air

Subject: Re: Change in the air
From: Peter Q. Olsson (olsson@koyukuk.at.uaa.alaska.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 18:39:24 AKST

CUPS. Works great- except for when it doesn't. On some machines, like my
home RH9 box, it took about 15 minutes to set up. Great web interface.
Configured my epson 1270 and HP 2100TN network Laser-Jet with no problem. At
work, with a more hetrogeneous environment, we have had some problems with
certain machines. Never did exactly figure out what was going on.

But... Since you do not have a working printer anyway, ya got nothing (except
time) to lose, right? However, CUPS 1.1.15 does NOT seem to have a choice of a
 HP 1000. Might wnat to try the 1100 driver (or another choice if you find a
better fit). I have had luck with this approach in the past...

Since you probably have an older printer, might want to Laser Jet 4? Is your
perhaps a P1000 photo printer? If so THAT one is supported.

PQO

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 16:44:07 -0900, Anthony Valentine wrote