Re: list restrictions

Subject: Re: list restrictions
From: W.D.McKinney (deem@wdm.com)
Date: Sun Feb 01 2004 - 17:10:13 AKST

On Sun, 2004-02-01 at 16:55, bryan@ak.net wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 04:47:42PM -0900, Jim Gribbin <jgribbin@alaska.net> wrote:
> > Is the dialup account you're sending email through the same one as you're
> > signed up on the list with?
>
> Yes; I'm using GCI, and their dynamic IP blocks are on certain lists
> that some ISPs use to block incoming email. I've had the same problem
> with AOL. Now asimov.uaa.alaska.edu is doing the same thing. I don't
> know if it's a university-wide thing, or the library, or just that
> machine. We'll have to wait and see what Mike says.

I have seen lookups by GCI's DNS to take way to long and e-mail bounces
occur. Since it's required by several apps now, including SPF which is
being tested by several connections like AOL, that bounces will happen.

Since you use GCI, I would suspect that to be the case, but since you
didn't post the header and error message, it is hard to say.

Dee

--
W.D.McKinney (Dee)
Alaska Wireless Systems