Re: counting mispelled words

Subject: Re: counting mispelled words
captgoodnight@acsalaska.net
Date: Wed Jan 21 2004 - 11:39:08 AKST

Wow, that's a good question. I have been playing with it, here's what I came
up with. It's ugly, and I wouldn't rely upon the word count completely, but,
it's a start and it's late, soooo. Oh, it's tested on a text file only, have
no idea what it would do otherwise....My test file was weak too, I didn't use
a true document ect....

cat TEXTFILE | aspell -a | awk '{print $1}' | grep "&" > /tmp/tmp1 && wc -l
/tmp/tmp1 | awk '{ print $1}' && rm -f /tmp/tmp1

Please, don't hold me to this if something goes wrong.....

bests, eddie

On Wednesday 21 January 2004 09:22 pm, Barsalou wrote:
> Date:
> 01/21/04 09:22 pm
>

> Anyone have some suggestions on how to get a count of misspelled words
> in a document?
>
> I just want to know how many there are....not correct them. I looked at
> aspell, but this provides alternative words. I just want:
>
> "5 misspelled words"
>
> After executing the command against a file or stream.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Mike
> --
> Barsalou <barjunk@attglobal.net>

ICQ# 294477332
Where ravens sleep
No object can stop the driving rain
In wind, the smallest object can be deadly
Face the sun, to not see the shadows
Linux