Re: [Slug] IBM betrays us all

Subject: Re: [Slug] IBM betrays us all
From: Greg Jetter (greg@lazymountain.com)
Date: Tue Jan 20 2004 - 17:53:04 AKST

On Monday January 19 2004 6:35 pm, Dennis Stout wrote:
> I heard that they were opening 15,000 _new_ jobs, 4500 of which would be
> in= the United States.
>
> I didn't hear anything at all about them moving jobs or terminating jobs.
>
> Dennis

They are creating 15,000 new jobs , they currently have 4500 jobs that will
be moved overseas along with the majority of the 15 thousand , the net
result is 1500 , fifteen hundred new us jobs and 4500 existing us jobs
moved overseas in addition to the 15000 new job created overseas... a net
loss of 3000 american jobs if my math is right ... How ever they can rightly
clame they created 1500 new american jobs ... <sarcasum>so we should all feel
good about it</sarcasum>.

My thought is What good are low prices when you got no job ? Whats good for
IBM and DELL's bottom line just is not good for me or any IT worker. The
thought of compeating with a some guy who lives in a mud hut with his live
stock and considers himself affluent because he is now making 300 dollars
a month is not my idea of whats good for me or my fellow industry
workers.

not much we can do .. it looks like we can all look forward to declining
standards of living , depressed wages for IT workers and more take it or
I'll hire overseas mentality from our employers and customers until that
point is reached where we can't aford their products because we don't make
enough .

I'm just going to not play their game , I'm not going to buy or recomending
their products. I would hope those of you who have a vested intrest in
the future of the IT industry will do like wise .

thank you for you time , now get back to coding before the boss sees you
reading this and moves your job overseas .... : )

Greg