Re: Debian CD Images

Subject: Re: Debian CD Images
From: Greg Madden (pabi@gci.net)
Date: Mon Dec 29 2003 - 09:53:49 AKST

On Mon, 2003-12-29 at 09:28, KSchneider wrote:

> Hey guys --
>
> I have a newbie question: I've located 7 jigdo files (with accompanied
> template files) from debian.org that are, I can only assume, necessary for
> the full install of woody. Is this correct? I'm also assuming all seven
> will then become individual iso images. So, are these eventual cds all
> required for the install, or just stuff I'd want anyway?
>
> (Basically I'm asking if I need to spend all day downloading to get the
> installation cds for Debian if I don't want to purchase it.)
>
> Thanks,
> Kate

If you want to do a complete Debian install from cd you will need at
least 5 of the cd's, at least my last install used those. If you have
broadband you can do a net-install using the first cd, you download only
the packages you will be using this way. There are net-install cd's
available that are about 50mb which makes it pretty quick to get going
with a net install. http://www.debian.org/CD/netinst/

I have a box that I bring to the Friday night meeting that has all 7
iso's and a DVD.iso of Woody.

--
Greg Madden
Precision Air Balance, Inc.