Re: MP3 player

Subject: Re: MP3 player
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@gci.net)
Date: Fri Dec 19 2003 - 14:07:15 AKST

I've noticed that there have been several USB storage/mp3 players popping up lately. They are similar to the USB keychains, but also play mp3. Good for jogging (no moving parts), they should work with Linux (it's my understanding that they are just like a USB keychain), and they are in your price range, anywhere from under $100 to $200. Most are 128MB, but i've seen 64 and 256 ones as well. They claim 12-15 hours on one AAA battery, but those numbers are ususally optimistic, but even 6-10 hours on a single AAA wouldn't be bad, especially with rechargable NiMH batteries.

Justin