RE: Captive NTFS

Subject: RE: Captive NTFS
From: J. Brandon Barnes (jbbarnes@gci.net)
Date: Thu Dec 04 2003 - 10:24:00 AKST

I've found recently that Knoppix is one of the most valuable tools I
have in my bag, even in the Windows world. I was able to save a RAID 5
NTFS server that was completely unbootable the other day. I didn't try
writing to it because I had read it was either disabled or dangerous to
try, but just being able to examine the drivers in the WINNT directory
let me find the problem. Actual write access would have made it possible
to fix immediately. Thanks for the heads up.