Re: Captive NTFS

Subject: Re: Captive NTFS
From: Jamie Hushower (hushower@alaska-geeks.com)
Date: Thu Dec 04 2003 - 08:56:47 AKST

Its news to me that we can't! I used SuperRescue a few weeks ago to
rescue files from a failing hard drive that wouldn't boot (from NTFS to
NTFS over an SMB share). I assumed that Knoppix would provide that
support as well. Or is the implication that NTFS is no longer
"experimental" for writing? Or that NTFS permissions are respected by
Linux? You can see I haven't done a lot of research.

-Jamie

--
Jamie Hushower
Computer Consultant