Re: Cold Computer

Subject: Re: Cold Computer
From: Mac Mason (macmasta@ak.net)
Date: Tue Dec 02 2003 - 12:18:12 AKST

I have seen monitors die by being started too soon after being left
outside (in a truck, but not insulated) for several days.

My best guess on this is condensation; we all know how good cold is for
computers, and how bad condensation is; the other possibility is that
the (very fast!) heating of components (cpu, anyone?) could lead to
cracking and such.

So yeah, I'd be careful.

~Mac~