Re: Buying Linux products locally (revisited)

Subject: Re: Buying Linux products locally (revisited)
From: Matthew Dunaway (fert@eagle.ptialaska.net)
Date: Sat Nov 15 2003 - 05:05:16 AKST

Lee Ross wrote:

>Good Evening group,
>
>The following paragraph was written by me 2 weeks ago;
>

>Like someone said before, that disto is available in Europe but it costs
>$17 to get it shipped over here ($12 dollars if you live in
>the USA). I called CompUSA and the young man was very helpful telling me
>their shipment of Suse Linux Personal 9.0 would
>arrive in 1 week to 10 days and would cost $39.99. The Professional
>version will be $79.99.
>

>I called CompUSA yesterday to see if their shipment of Suse Linux 9.0 had
>arrived. The young man on the phone said there was no new versions in
>stock and none had been ordered. I tried to tell him that another person
>had told me the order was on the way when he interrupted sharply saying
>the guy made a mistake. He actually raised his voice at me!!! Long story
>short.....I've joined the ranks of the non-buyers as far as CompUSA is
>concerned.
>
>I found a nice Web site, http://www.linuxcentral.com/_v3/ and
>ordered my Suse Linux software for $47.50, shipping included.
>No fuss, no muss. It will be here next week.

CompUSA is full of sheet. I just bought SUSE 9.0 Personal there last
Monday the 11th. They have both Personal and Pro versions.
I don't like CompUSA more than anybody else, but when you don't have a
credit card to shop on-line, what else is there? Maybe somebody should
open up a Linux computer store here in Anchorage???