Buying Linux products locally (revisited)

Subject: Buying Linux products locally (revisited)
From: Lee Ross (leeross@gci.net)
Date: Fri Nov 14 2003 - 19:42:16 AKST

Good Evening group,

The following paragraph was written by me 2 weeks ago;

Like someone said before, that disto is available in Europe but it costs
$17 to get it shipped over here ($12 dollars if you live in
the USA). I called CompUSA and the young man was very helpful telling me
their shipment of Suse Linux Personal 9.0 would
arrive in 1 week to 10 days and would cost $39.99. The Professional
version will be $79.99.

I called CompUSA yesterday to see if their shipment of Suse Linux 9.0 had
arrived. The young man on the phone said there was no new versions in
stock and none had been ordered. I tried to tell him that another person
had told me the order was on the way when he interrupted sharply saying
the guy made a mistake. He actually raised his voice at me!!! Long story
short.....I've joined the ranks of the non-buyers as far as CompUSA is
concerned.

I found a nice Web site, http://www.linuxcentral.com/_v3/ and
ordered my Suse Linux software for $47.50, shipping included.
No fuss, no muss. It will be here next week.

--
Lee Ross
Anchorage, Alaska