Re: How do you Gentoo?

Subject: Re: How do you Gentoo?
From: Troy Melhase (troy@gci.net)
Date: Mon Sep 29 2003 - 12:30:43 AKDT

On Monday 29 September 2003 12:26, C Weiss wrote:
> Any words of wisdom, comments or ideas
> before I go ahead.

i have a similar setup as my home server, too, and i've been very pleased with
the results. if you follow the install docs, you shouldn't have a problem.

the only real suggestion i have is that you should stay on top of portage
updates (i.e., run "emerge rsync" at least once a month). i made the mistake
of letting my portage tree get too old, and now it gives me lots of errors
when installing new packages. it works, but it leaves me uneasy.

--
Troy Melhase, troy@gci.net