Re: Knoppix CD's for German Day

Subject: Re: Knoppix CD's for German Day
From: Troy Melhase (troy@gci.net)
Date: Mon Sep 29 2003 - 00:59:10 AKDT

On Monday 29 September 2003 00:36, Greg Madden wrote:
> AFAIK the GPL does not prohibit the selling of GPL software, and I am
> sure anyone can copy the disk and sell the copy. I am not sure what
> purpose the selling/reselling line has.

From the GPL FAQ at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html :

Does the GPL allow me to sell copies of the program for money?

Yes, the GPL allows everyone to do this. The right to sell copies is part of
the definition of free software. Except in one special situation, there is no
limit on what price you can charge. (The one exception is the required
written offer to provide source code that must accompany binary-only
release.)

--
Troy Melhase, troy@gci.net