laptops as servers addendum

Subject: laptops as servers addendum
From: William Bouterse (bill@bouterse.com)
Date: Tue Sep 23 2003 - 19:37:13 AKDT

Greetings;

I am also looking for an older notebook as sever/firewall for my "off the grid" system
4-6 g HD and 64mgs ram....cpu is less important , though the HD size is ...
as an overnight or two download of an iso or two over dialup can be patience-trying...
Battery viability is not really important for this device as it would be plugged in for the most part.....
I do have an old linux compatible 10mbs nic pc-card for the pcmcia slot....

Linux compatibility a must of course :o)

Price is probably as important as anything....!!!...
Seasonal diesel genset maintenance is looming :o(

Thanks for any leads.....

William "the unplugged" Bouterse
Talkeetna, Ak