Re: thin clients/ X stations?

Subject: Re: thin clients/ X stations?
From: Mac Mason (julian_mason@hmc.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 23 2003 - 11:02:00 AKDT

NCDs are true X terminals - they have no hard drive, almost no
CPU...just VGA out, kbd and mouse in, and sound out. No moving parts,
even. Pretty reliable as a result.

And we've put three or four of them on one 100mbit switch, too - so yes,
the network load is really high, but the amount of money you spend on
computer hardware is very low, by comparison - all in all, a darn fine
setup, if your server is trustworthy.

~Mac~