Re: keyboard dies when installing Red Hat

Subject: Re: keyboard dies when installing Red Hat
From: Jamie Hushower (hushower@ak.net)
Date: Wed Sep 17 2003 - 12:29:37 AKDT

Oddly enough, I had the same problem last night while installing RH9. My
issue disappeared after I clicked the mouse button on the screen requiring
keyboard input (there was also a little keyboard pounding first). However,
the issue was not consistent. I ended up re-installing later and did not
have any problem.

FYI, I was installing on a dual PII 450 w/ 256Mb PC100 RAM using an
*ancient* HP ps/2 keyboard, if that makes any difference. I don't know the
make of the MB offhand, but the whole thing is a custom job, not a Dell,
Gateway, etc.

-Jamie
Jamie Hushower
Computer Consultant