Re: UDMA is it on?

Subject: Re: UDMA is it on?
bryan@ak.net
Date: Tue Aug 19 2003 - 14:02:09 AKDT

On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 11:48:36AM -0800, Jon Reynolds <jonr@destar.net> wrote:

> I am trying to figure out if I have UDMA on for my laptop but not quite
> sure where to start looking. I am using RH9 and I want to know how to
> see if UDMA is on or off and if off then turn it on.

The command you want is hdparm. For instance, 'hdparm /dev/hda' will
show you stats on your primary IDE drive. It will show you if DMA is
being used; I've had trouble determining if UDMA is enabled. Maybe
new versions are more clear about that.

hdparm can also be used to set options. You'll want to read the man page.

--
Bryan Medsker
bryan@ak.net