Nine Stars "Build your own computer" class

Subject: Nine Stars "Build your own computer" class
From: Jon Reynolds (jonr@destar.net)
Date: Tue Aug 19 2003 - 12:37:21 AKDT

I have offered to do the "Build your own computer class" for Nine Star
and also am trying to get the class moved over to Muldoon on Friday
nights. There will not be a class every Friday night only
intermittently. There is only one class scheduled and it is not till the
middle of September.

I have done this because the ball keeps getting dropped and I can't keep
moving computers and monitors from one building to the next, it's
killin' me! Also, I figured after the class anybody who wants to could
hang out and have Linux installed.

One thing we need is a long phone cord or at least some RJ11 jacks that
we could crimp onto some CAT5 cable. I have a bunch of old modems that
we could give out to anyone who has an Internet connection at home so
they could use their Linux box as soon as they get home to get on the
net.

Does anybody like this idea? There would be very few classes and it
would get our name out there a little more.

Jon