Re: Gentoo HELP

Subject: Re: Gentoo HELP
From: Jason Jeremias (jason@jeremias.net)
Date: Mon Aug 11 2003 - 15:53:03 AKDT

Tim,

It perhaps you didn't modify your /etc/fstab to point to the correct
mount points?? Simple fix, you haven't broken anything. Just restart
the machine off the gentoo install disk, mount your / partition (use
fdisk -l /dev/xxx, where xxx is the disk id to print all your
partitions). Go into /etc and modify your fstab to point to the correct
locations. So for example your session might look something like this.

mkdir /mnt/mydisk
mount -t ext3 /dev/sda5 /mnt/mydisk
cd /mnt/mydisk/etc/
vi fstab
# correct the file
sync
sync
cd /
umount /mnt/mydisk

Nice to see some more people on the list trying out Gentoo. Gentoo is
an awesome distro, its the best distro for my uses.

-J