Re: attachments inline

Subject: Re: attachments inline
bryan@ak.net
Date: Sat Jun 21 2003 - 23:00:52 AKDT

On Sat, Jun 21, 2003 at 03:32:32PM -0800, Lee Ross <leeross@gci.net> wrote:

> Is there a preference or setting somewhere that will allow my attachments
> to be sent inline so when the recipient opens the message, the picture is
> already open and appears in the bottom of the message? They are being sent
> and received as a link and I can't seem to open or save them from the
> transfers window.
> I can't say for sure if I was ever sending email inline from Opera/Linux
> but I was when I was using Opera/windoze.

Email is, by nature, in the form of text. Almost every email
sent every day is nothing but text. This is great, because it
allows the recipient to use whichever mail reader he or she
chooses, be it based on text, graphics, or other.

If that text happens to be HTML code, then the email can include
colors, images, and fancy formatting. But only if the recipient
uses a mail reader that interprets HTML, which many people don't.
That's why it's considered impolite to post HTML email on lists
like this one.

Now, you can also send images or anything else as attachments,
which is a different story. If you're having a problem with
attachments, let us know what email program you're using, and
maybe we can help you figure it out.

--
Bryan Medsker
bryan@ak.net