Re: attachments inline

Subject: Re: attachments inline
From: James Zuelow (e5z8652@zuelow.net)
Date: Sun Jun 22 2003 - 08:39:38 AKDT

On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 23:00:52 -0800
bryan@ak.net wrote:

> Now, you can also send images or anything else as attachments,
> which is a different story. If you're having a problem with
> attachments, let us know what email program you're using, and
> maybe we can help you figure it out.

That may be a problem - Lee mentioned Opera for Linux, and his headers say:

The FAQ on Opera's page gives a small hint:

---link may wrap---
http://www.opera.com/support/search/supsearch.dml?index=663
---link may wrap---

"It is not possible to send e-mail as anything other than plain text when using Opera. This means that you cannot add bold or underlined text, for example."

That means that any non-text attachment, such as a jpeg, is probably not going to be sent inline by default and may not be possible at all.

I tried various searches ("compose attach M2", "attachment inline M2" etc.) and didn't see anything on their website. The M2 tutorial doesn't mention any alternative way of sending attachments either. However ISTR from using Opera 5 & 6 that many questions are not addressed in their knowledge base, but I would find the solution by very carefully going through every option in Opera's configuration settings.

Cheers,

James