Card Reader Problem Update

Subject: Card Reader Problem Update
From: Lee Ross (leeross@gci.net)
Date: Sat Jun 21 2003 - 21:36:24 AKDT

Greetings People,

I'm thinking most people are out fishing for that big King or possibly Reds
or Halibut.

I'll take this time to thank every one of you that helped me with the card
reader. My biggest problem was with getting the correct line added to
/etc/fstab so I could mount from the Gnome desktop without being root. I
was getting two errors;

No final new line at the end of fstab......I resolved this one by using a
carriage return at the end of the line.

mount: only root can mount /dev/sda1 on /mnt/card......this one was finally
resolved by changing the line in /etc/fstab to the following;
/dev/sda1 /mnt/card vfat user,noauto,owner,nosuid 0 0

I would be interested to know how to read the last part of that line,
starting with 'user'.

Thanks again for all the help, now what was that next problem?

--
Lee Ross
Anchorage, Alaska