Re: debian apache perl help

Subject: Re: debian apache perl help
From: Michael Fowler (michael@shoebox.net)
Date: Sun Jun 15 2003 - 01:46:43 AKDT

On Sat, Jun 14, 2003 at 05:29:53PM -0800, Andy Firman wrote:
> I understand now and was wondering if both should be installed.
> (see below, however, where apache-perl depends on libapache-mod-perl)

Oh, that's right, it does; sorry for the bad advice. Prior to responding I
checked my system for libapache-mod-perl and noticed it wasn't installed;
the system I checked on is a test box and has something of an odd setup.

You do need both apache-perl and libapache-mod-perl, as you've pointed out.

> Now does the apache-perl package replace apache?

No, it doesn't. Generally, however, you only need one installed.

> In other words, should I apt-get remove apache?

You can, and probably should. The only reason you might not want to is if
you want a web server dedicated to mod_perl applications seperate from your
primary web server, perhaps for security reasons.

Michael

--
Administrator                      www.shoebox.net
Programmer, System Administrator   www.gallanttech.com