Re: Calendaring advice...

Subject: Re: Calendaring advice...
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@gci.net)
Date: Tue Jun 10 2003 - 19:05:50 AKDT

> I am looking for a good calendaring system. I've done a lot of research on
> them too (as much or more than for the CMS), and have found some rather nice
> ones. WebCal <http://bulldog.tzo.org/webcal/webcal.html> is one of them
> (quite feature rich, quite mature). And I've found date/calendar libraries,
> such as those that the reefknot project is (or might not be?) working on
> <http://reefknot.sourceforge.net/>. But, as with the case of the search for
> the CMS, I've not yet found a system with the feature set we need.

I've used WebCal in the past, and it's very easy to set up and
configure. Although, when I used it, it didn't support some things like
recurrance. From the sounds of your description, it does now.

Anyway, It probably won't do everything on your list, but it is quick,
easy, and useful as it stands. So, if you just want to get something up
and going quickly, I would say WebCal would be a good bet.

Maybe even as a temporary solution until you find/create something that
will suit your needs better.

Justin