informationweek on Linux desktop growth

Subject: informationweek on Linux desktop growth
From: Stanley Long (slong@customcpu.com)
Date: Wed Jun 11 2003 - 10:39:24 AKDT

"The tide is turning, and Linux will increase rapidly now on the desktop
as Microsoft continues to increase software prices and make unfair
policy changes that costs customers money," said Bob Toxen, chief
technology officer of Fly-By-Day Consulting. "The biggest problem for
Linux on the desktop is that most users are used to Office and are too
lazy to want to change. But given the lower productivity and higher
dollar cost of Microsoft, smart management will say that all new
installations will be Linux."

http://www.informationweek.com/story/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=10300602

Bob Toxin wrote "Real World Linux Security". I brought an autographed
copy back from Atlanta last year and I can understand a lot of it :-))

The Fly-By-Day name is only half tongue-in-cheek. I think he flies a
Cherokee-6. Alaska pilots understand the "cavu" in his web page URL:
        <http://www.cavu.com/>