Re: MTA and Friends for the domainless

Subject: Re: MTA and Friends for the domainless
bryan@ak.net
Date: Thu May 15 2003 - 15:19:14 AKDT

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 12:13:41PM -0800, Fielder George Dowding <fgdowding@iceworm-enterprises.net> wrote:

> So, the big problem I am having is configuring an MTA to do the SMTP
> thing with various domains out there in cyberspace and not reveal my
> local host and fake (bogus) domain in the headers. I have had
> embarrasing success with qmail. I don't want to polute cyberspace
> with bogus addresses anymore.

Here's an excerpt from /var/qmail/doc/FAQ:

1.2. How do I set up user masquerading? I'd like my own From lines to
show boss@af.mil rather than god@heaven.af.mil.
Answer: Add MAILHOST=af.mil and MAILUSER=boss to your environment. To
override From lines supplied by your MUA, add QMAILINJECT=f to your
environment.

Is that what you need?

--
Bryan Medsker