Re: upgrade and restore

Subject: Re: upgrade and restore
From: Bob (rpelz@arctic.net)
Date: Sun May 11 2003 - 17:34:45 AKDT

What is your particular experience with Mondo?
I've tried it with Debian Woody. Everything looked okay until I tried to =
restore then it didn't work.
Looks like a great program so perhaps I did something wrong.

Just tried Partimage and the 'imginfo' recognizes the image okay. Haven't=
, however, done an actual restore.On Sunday 11 May 2003 03:19 pm, you wro=
te:

            Bob Pelz rpelz@arctic.net
=20
> Mondo Rescue is also a good app for this.
>
> http://freshmeat.net/projects/mondorescue/?topic_id=3D137
>
> On Fri, 2003-05-09 at 17:02, volz wrote:
> > Hello:
> >
> > I have a system that has been very stable and reliable over the year=
s. I
> > hate to mess with a good thing. It is now running rh7.1.I have upgrad=
ed
> > this machine several times with no loss of utility. I believe that th=
> > original install was rh6.0. This system runs a bunch of applications =
that
> > have their roots in old libs, (old perl, old versions of glibc, all k=
ind
> > of stuff). I have upgraded this machine several times with no loss of
> > utility. I find myself needing to bring the system up to date again. =
But