Re: upgrade and restore

Subject: Re: upgrade and restore
From: Anthony Valentine (amv@akvalentine.com)
Date: Sun May 11 2003 - 20:46:41 AKDT

I just recently used Mondo to move my brother's linux/windows system
onto a new hdd. The backup and restore of the linux partitions worked
flawlessly. The windows partition got borked, but since it was ntfs, I
am assuming that is why. In this particular case, windows is only used
for games, so no data was lost.

I've also used Mondo to backup and restore a pure linux system at work,
and had no problems with it.

The work computer was runnning RedHat 7.x, and my brother's is running
gentoo. I've not tried it with debian.