Re: how to remove samba?

Subject: Re: how to remove samba?
From: Mike Tibor (tibor@lib.uaa.alaska.edu)
Date: Thu May 01 2003 - 16:07:44 AKDT

On Thu, 1 May 2003, Andy Firman wrote:

> On Thursday 01 May 2003 02:30 pm, Tim Jordan, Network Services wrote:
> > I compiled it and want now to remove it completely. I'm having several
> > issue with my first compile.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Tim
>
> I think you can just go into the directory where you did the "make install"
> and do a "make uninstall". As long as you did not remove the source tree
> and as long as the makefiles have the "uninstall" targets.

If that doesn't work, then removal will depend on how you compiled it. If
you did it from a source tarball (samba-2.2.8.tar.gz for example), then by
default I believe it installs everything in /usr/local/samba. All you
have to do in that case is rm -rf /usr/local/samba (you may want to save
your smb.conf file before doing that though).

On the other hand, if you built it from a source rpm, then you can use rpm
to remove it:

rpm -e samba samba-common samba-client

Mike

--
Mike Tibor         Univ. of Alaska Anchorage    (907) 786-1001 voice
Network Technician     Consortium Library         (907) 786-6050 fax