Re: OT GCI E-Mail

Subject: Re: OT GCI E-Mail
From: David J. Weller-Fahy (lists@weller-fahy.com)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 12:15:04 AKDT

* Greg Jetter <greg@lazymountain.com> [2003-04-30 09:38]:
> yes true , I should but being the lazy programmer type , I just look at
> the
> first couple of entries. The fact that the spam is comming from my GCI
> account kind of bothers me. Seeing that it's down most of the time ,
> when
> it does come back up it's filled with spam . Having to buy additional an
> ti
> spam support is also a hot spot , seem if it's comming from an account
> from
> an ISP , why an I required to pay additional to stop it from comming?

As an interesting sidenote to this discussion, I use my gci.net account
exclusively as a spam-trap. I've never used it to send any email, or
put it into any registration forms, and I get 80+ emails a day. Whoever
used to have that address signed up for a lot of stuff. ;]

It is a handy place to get examples of all the latest spam. I think I
have 10000+ since october just from that account.

Regards,

--
David J. Weller-Fahy        | 'These are the questions that kept me out
largely at innocent dot com |  of the really *good* schools.'