Re: qmail or postfix ??

Subject: Re: qmail or postfix ??
From: Christopher E. Brown (cbrown@woods.net)
Date: Wed Apr 30 2003 - 11:35:34 AKDT

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 jwadell@gci.net wrote:

> Add me to the Postfix crowd! I have set up several, no pain. I will accept that qmail may be the better rpoduct for large serves with a bunch of users, but... Postfix is so easy!
> Jim

You need accept nothing of the sort. Postfix and Qmail are both able
to handle a truly massive amount of mail/mail accounts/etc.

The advantage of one system over another (benchmark wise) has alot
more to do with how good the mail admin is, not any large difference
in performance under load. A high volume system beats the hell out of
the drives, making drive selection, spindle allocation, and filesystem
layout/params of major import.

--
I route, therefore you are.