Re: ipcop and serial ports

Subject: Re: ipcop and serial ports
From: Jim Gribbin (jgribbin@alaska.net)
Date: Tue Apr 29 2003 - 01:01:17 AKDT

Dave,

I'm not familiar with this file. Hadn't seen it before, but if I
understand it correctly, it's a list of devices Linux knows about. IP
Cop/Linux is identifying the ports correctly. It's just assigning them
inconveniently.

Fielder,

Technically, there is no /etc/init.d. There is a /etc/rc.d/init.d, there
is nothing in it. I have also been unable to locate a script anywhere in
the box with the word serial in it. Doesn't mean it's not there, but I
haven't been able to locate it yet. A lot of the stuff you would
normally find in /etc and its subdirectories has been relocated to
/var/ipcop, and in the case of several of the .conf files softlinks have
been created in /etc.

Jim,

The on-board serial ports are disabled and according to /proc/ioports,
are not being identified by the system. I believe the locations are
merely reserved for them.