RE: President of AKLUG

Subject: RE: President of AKLUG
From: Arthur Corliss (arthur@corlissfamily.org)
Date: Mon Apr 07 2003 - 14:22:36 AKDT

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003, Leif Sawyer wrote:

> And while I'm definately honored to be nominated, I'm not sure that
> I'd be the right person for the position:
>
> 1) my acting career usually keeps my busy most nights of the week
> 2) my schedule rarely allows me to attend the friday sessions (see 1)
> 3) Damnit Jim, I'm a doctor, not a politician. I'd much rather help
> solve problems then try to change ideologies or perpetuate
> propoganda. And I don't like having my atoms mixed up and beamed
> across the vast gulf of space.*

Let me just say you're an asset to the group in any capacity, Leif.

While we're mulling things over, are there any other nominations and/or
volunteers? I don't want to get too far ahead of ourselves, but it would be
good to have all interested candidates at the upcoming (and as of yet
unscheduled) meeting to hash out ideas for future direction, etc.

        --Arthur Corliss