Re: President of AKLUG

Subject: Re: President of AKLUG
From: Greg Madden (pabi@gci.net)
Date: Sun Apr 06 2003 - 22:22:34 AKDT

On Sun, 2003-04-06 at 15:40, Arthur Corliss wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Apr 2003, W.D.McKinney wrote:
>

> > It's time for the changes and I trust we can have a meeting soon to discuss with
> > anyone that it is interested. The Friday night meeting is the only regular one so
> > I think we should have a special one, not on Friday with a 2 week notice and all
> > interested parties should attend. We could have a simple agenda to vote in a
> > president for an agreed term, and push forward further action.
> >
> > W.D.McKinney (Dee)
> > deem@wdm.com
>
> For those that were nominated (Leif, etc.): can you guys give some sort of
> public declaration of interest? It would be good to have a complete list of
> the willing before a write-in campaign bleeds votes for someone who may not be
> interested. . .
>
> Something to think about during your meeting: I would highly encourage you
> guys to come up with a list of elected positions (VP, PR-dude, Web-freak,
> etc.) as well. Any success in promoting AKLUG will take a concerted effort of
> several people, and those people should be independently elected in order to
> preserve some of the diversity in direction desired by the various groups in
> AKLUG.

Maybe this illustrates some issues with the way AKLUG operates. These
various groups are unknown to each other. AKLUG needs to be open in its
operations, have elections etc. We should hash over all these ideas for
a while before scheduling a meeting, I think at least 30 days would give
everyone an opportunity for participation.

While I agree with Arthur about having more people doing more
responsibilities I don't think lack of participation should preclude
AKLUG from going forward with those who do want to serve AKLUG & the
Linux community.

--
Greg Madden
Precision Air Balance, Inc.